We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (grade B or grade A dark amber)
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Pinch plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal (preferably stone-ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crème fraîche, softly whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Combine first 4 ingredients and pinch of salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk egg and sugar in another medium bowl. Whisk milk, melted butter, and vanilla into egg mixture. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; whisk to blend. Pour warm cranberry mixture into 11x7x2-inch or 8x8x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour batter over.
Bake cake until golden and cranberry mixture bubbles at edges, about 28 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Serve cake warm topped with crème fraîche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.