We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken sandwiches
A nutritious, balanced meal that's easy to throw together in a pinch.
55 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g (4 oz) broccoli florets, chopped
- 50g (2 oz) shredded cabbage
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, undrained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 flour tortilla wraps
- 100g (4 oz) creamy coleslaw
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté onion and 2 cloves crushed garlic until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and cook until tender. Add the cabbage and chicken and toss for a minute or two. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a blender, combine chickpeas, mayonnaise, mustard, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave for easier folding. Spread each tortilla with chickpea sauce, then some coleslaw, then put a large heap of the chicken mixture on top. Wrap up each tortilla and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(55)
Reviews in English (43)
by Diana S.
A great big WOW... these are absolutely fantastic! It's one of those recipes that is so original and delicious that it really deserves more than 5 stars. I did made one change and that was to omit the broccoli slaw and cabbage and just use a bag of regular cole slaw mix. If you use already prepared hummus and pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store this healthy and filling meal would be ready in just minutes. Thanks so much for this great recipe!-06 Oct 2006
by Laura Green
This was a really good, quick meal. I couldn't find broccoli coleslaw mix, but I used a tri-color mix and some fresh broccoli and it turned out great.-26 Feb 2007