We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Fillings for pancakes
A delicious homemade dark chocolate and roasted hazelnut spread recipe, not dissimilar to Nutella. It's a little coarser than the store-bought variety, but it's delicious nonetheless. The best part about making this spread, is that you can control what's in it!
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 400 g
- 270g roasted, skinned hazelnuts
- 35g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 80g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1-2 tablespoons groundnut oil
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- Pop the hazelnuts into a food processor. Blitz until they release their oil and a mass begins to clump together.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, salt and oil. Process further until you get the consistency similar to Nutella.
- Transfer to a jar and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator until needed. It will keep for up to 2 months.
To roast raw shelled hazelnuts – pop them on a tray in a single layer, then into an oven at 180 C / Gas 4, stirring occasionally, for around 8-10 minutes. The hazelnuts are ready when their skins are cracked. To skin, simply rub the cooled nuts between a tea-towel. Allow the nuts to be fully cool before grinding them.