We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Golden syrup sweetens these flapjacks and they're studded with loads of fruit. No butter means they're healthier! Be imaginative with your mix of fruit - you can use everything from currants and raisins to diced dried mango, papaya and cherries and cranberries. I suggest using at least three to four different kinds of fruits.
293 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 18 flapjacks
- 7 tablespoons seeds (use a mix of sesame, sunflower, flax, pumpkin, etc.)
- 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil but you can use a more neutral oil)
- 160g rolled oats
- 280g golden syrup
- pinch salt
- 175g mixed dried fruit
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin with parchment. Grease the parchment. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place oats and seeds on a baking tray in an even layer. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally to prevent burning.
- When you remove the toasted oats and seeds from the oven, quickly transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and stir. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Tip into the prepared baking tin and press down to make an even layer. Use wet hands if needed!
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out of the oven and cool. When cooled, turn out onto a cutting board and slice into flapjacks. Depending on your size, you will get anywhere from 12 to 24!
You could also try adding a bit of cinnamon or even ground cardamom to give these flapjacks a special touch.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (6)
So yummy! I replaced half of the syrup with honey and it was delicious!-01 Nov 2011
lovely I added 2tsp cinnamon. I used fresh apple with sultanas and apricots instead of mixed fruit plus tblsp chopped nuts...and omitted most of the seeds.The husband loved it .-11 Feb 2013
Used different ingredients.replace the golden syrup with honey-04 Nov 2010