We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Potato salad
Ham and mushroom dough balls with salad and potatoes which makes a nice lunch. The pastry is easy to mix and roll.
Kent, England, UK
1 person made this
- 350g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- water as needed
- 500ml milk
- 50g cheese
- 1 mushroom, chopped
- 1 slice ham, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 4 new potatoes
- 1 large tomato
- 2 spring onions
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 100g mayonnaise
- 4 pinches ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:45min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:15min cooling › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Put 200g of the flour into a bowl and then add 70g of the butter. Add the salt and a bit of water then knead it into a dough whilst adding enough water.
- Divide it into quarters and roll it out.
- Put the remaining flour and butter into a saucepan with the milk, cheese, mushroom, ham, pepper and sage. Then boil it whilst whisking it. When it's boiled stir it until it thickens.
- Put the 4 pieces of dough onto a baking tray, then put the contents of the saucepan on them dividing it equally, wrap the dough round them squeezing the edges together.
- Bake in the oven until golden.
- Cook the potatoes and leave them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut up the tomato and spring onion then put it with the lettuce on the plates.
- When the potatoes have cooled add the mayonnaise to them and put them on the plates.
- Finally when the dough balls have finished cooking put them on the plate with a little bit of cinnamon on to decorate.
You can add other ingredients instead of the ham and mushroom to make a different flavour.