We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 3- to 3 1/2-pound butternut squash, cut lengthwise in half, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) black pepper
Melt butter in heavy large deep skillet over high heat. Add squash; sauté 1 minute. Add broth, syrup, thyme, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until squash is almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer squash to large bowl. Boil liquid in skillet until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Return squash to skillet. Cook until tender, turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with more pepper, if desired.